|Spinach, Feta cheese and fresh peppermint pies|
The minty avocado and new potato salad was a refreshing green light meal a few days ago and chilled cucumber and strawberry soup was seasoned with fresh peppermint leaves.
Something quick and easy today for a light supper or an idea for an apero table.
Spinach, Feta Cheese and Fresh Peppermint Pies
Ingredients for 4 small pies
40g olive oil
100-130g fresh spinach leaves, washed and roughly chopped
olive oil (1 tsp)
100g feta cheese, crumbled
10 peppermint leaves, finely chopped
1 tbsp Greek yoghourt
2 tsp honey
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 F)
|Feta cheese and spinach pies flavoured with mint and honey|
1. Mix the dough components together. It is good to work the dough by hand until well combined.
2. Set aside until you make the filling.
3. Heat a pan with a little olive oil, 1 teaspoon is enough to wilt the spinach.
4. Place the chopped spinach into the pan and cook on medium heat for a few minutes until the spinach is soft.
5. Press the excess water out of the spinach.
6. Place the crumbled feta cheese into a bowl, add the mint, yoghourt and soft honey. Mix all together, season with salt and pepper.
7. Set 1/3 of the dough aside. Roll the 2/3 of the dough to a 3-4mm flat sheet, cut portions and fit the dough into small pie forms. If needed, place a piece of baking paper at the bottom to prevent sticking. This step is not necessary if you are using already non-sticking forms.
8. Portion the spinach onto the dough and then add a tablespoon of the feta filling on top.
9. Now roll out the remaining dough and portion for covers. It is also fine to leave the pies uncovered. Both versions work well.
10. Bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes until the dough is cooked.
Serve warm or cold.
|Covered or not, the honey, mint and cheese meet in a merry union|